Tuesday 1 February 2011

"...about the future of our lives..." in Minnie Molly Snowball's blog from Kangiqsualujjuaq, Nunavik Quebec, Canada

My Lifestory and writing
Minnie Molly Snowball
Location: Kangiqsualujjuaq, Quebec, Canada

Inuk, one quarter Naskapi. Very young and in love. Living up north and still in school. Addicted to facebook and blogging. Likes taking pictures and listening to music. Hopes to go to college, publish a book and live my dreams.

http://minimaali.blogspot.com/

[excerpt]


Hi, It's Minnie Molly. I know I am young and I never thought it would come into this as I grew up. But here it is..

Well, Ella and I have always talked when we're hanging out. It's good stuff and we go on and on. I've always wanted to share it with people and now I finally am. Sometimes, it feels like I really have to share it. I want to and I expect changes. I wouldn't be here talking about this if I didn't care about my fellow Inuit. It doesn't matter if only one person changes their life to a better one after hearing my speech. At least it's a start, right?
First of all, I thank both of my parents for taking care of me, growing me in the right pathway. I wouldn't be brave enough to share it with the people who are listening right now.

Okay, what I am going to talk about is are most basically about the future of our lives, which means, us, all of us Inuit. Changing our lives, education and inspiring the uninspired. I want to inspire people, like I have always been inspired and receive motivation from being greeted and supported with all the things I have done, such as going to Antarctica, Arctic Winter Games, Tundra Trot and traveling to different places for different reasons, good reasons. Now that I am older and know the life in the north, I have come to a point where I have realized that I need to inspire you guys too. I don't want the town to just be thankful for me, I want the town to be inspired and change their lives. Mostly the teenagers. We need to think about the future now, not next year. It's not too late to restart our lives. We can fix our mistakes and get a better life. I care about all of you. Nowadays, I try my best to give what I have to people that don't have it and want it. I care about others, I don't know if any of you guys have realized that but I do. Although people judge myself and eventually will, I always tell myself, just let them be and at least I know myself. I know what I want, I know I care about people. I want to help. I can try with everything I have. At least a little bit won't hurt either.